Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007

A belated Happy New Year 2007 to all fashionistas in Taiwan and elsewhere.
The last moments of 2006 saw the opening of Sogo's BR4 Fuhsing store, Brand Magazine's publishing of the top 10 handbag brands for the past year, and another trip for me to Bangkok's glittering malls which was unfortunately disrupted by the bombings there. No, I didn't see any of the violence, but I was shoved out of one mall that shall remain unnamed because of security precautions on New Year's Eve.
2007 will also be a year of changes for myself and this blog, and I hope also a year of improvements. Honestly, I'm thinking what to do about this blog. If it wants to be a more active participant in and recorder of the Taiwanese fashion scene, I need to go out more, snap pictures, get the latest trends, sales and prices, and move everything in here.
The problem is, my day job has been a major hindrance to all my projects. So what's my New Year resolution for 2007? Chuck my job! Yes seriously, I will be leaving my fulltime job and take some months of breathing time, during which I will be writing book projects of my own, as well as developing a board game and working on other ideas to prepare for life after my gap from work. It's too soon to tell whether fashion and this blog will be part of that life, but in the meantime, I will still give it what I got.
Wishing you all a better life in 2007!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Turton said...

Absolutely right. Without pictures, the blog has only a limited impact.

Michael

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home